Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Building collection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Huck101

Huck101

Building collection Empty
PostSubject: Building collection   Building collection I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:34 am

Hey everyone,
So was wondering what would be the best, cheapest way to build a collection? I mostly draft but that doesn't really build anything except commons lol. Any tips/advice is welcome.

-Huck
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Building collection   Building collection I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:56 am

Huck101 wrote:
Hey everyone,
So was wondering what would be the best, cheapest way to build a collection? I mostly draft but that doesn't really build anything except commons lol. Any tips/advice is welcome.

-Huck

Honestly, after a set has been out for about a month or two, you can usually shop in the marketplace and buy a lot of cards w/ just 1 or 2 tix. You could probably spend maybe 5 tix and get 3/4 of a set just by shopping around. The 1/4 you didnt get is the higher end Standard legal cards which eventually will drop down once they rotate out. Patience is the key!

A good place to buy from is MTGO Traders.
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
Huck101

Huck101

PostSubject: Re: Building collection   Building collection I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Admin wrote:
Huck101 wrote:
Hey everyone,

-Huck

Honestly, after a set has been out for about a month or two, you can usually shop in the marketplace and buy a lot of cards w/ just 1 or 2 tix. You could probably spend maybe 5 tix and get 3/4 of a set just by shopping around. The 1/4 you didnt get is the higher end Standard legal cards which eventually will drop down once they rotate out. Patience is the key!

A good place to buy from is MTGO Traders.

I actually read their articles and all so that is sage advice there, I didn't know you could actually buy most of the set for less than 10 tix (goes to show how much I use the bots on MTGO) so I appreciate it. I've seen on Ebay where they will sell a set for $120-$145 as a 1-of for the cards, has/does anyone on here do that? Thanks again boss

-Huck
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Building collection   Building collection I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:13 pm

I personally have never sold any MTGO cards on the net (e-bay). Some make a living doing so, but if that is what you are wanting to do, I would suggest watching the selling trends on e-bay.
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building collection   Building collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building collection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ebon Dawn :: Ebon Bazaar :: Magic Talk-
Jump to: