Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Candidates for not-so-funness

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Minori

Minori

Candidates for not-so-funness Empty
PostSubject: Candidates for not-so-funness   Candidates for not-so-funness I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:16 pm

Dream Halls:
I can see this card becoming degenerate, since it's just really easy to play game-winning spells for free with this. Even in multiplayer I'd have some reserve against that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Candidates for not-so-funness   Candidates for not-so-funness I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:32 am

Minori wrote:
Dream Halls:
I can see this card becoming degenerate, since it's just really easy to play game-winning spells for free with this. Even in multiplayer I'd have some reserve against that.

What does it do?
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

PostSubject: Re: Candidates for not-so-funness   Candidates for not-so-funness I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Dream Halls lets you discard a card of the same color to play a card instead of paying its mana cost. It is a world enchantment, so everyone has the opportunity to use it. dream Halls is a very interesting card that can be fun if used in multiplayer as it changes the whole dynamics of the match.

Petipuf displayed its usefulness quite expertly in assassin on tuesday where he used it in conjunction with Conflux.

Its not an instant win & its not infinite (although it could be if you wanted to cross that line), and Dream Halls is a world enchant, so if you had any type of disenchant in your hand, then you could have taken care of it regardless if you were tapped out or not.

With that, I would be inclined to say that it is with in the rules, but I agree with Minori that it is also - Not fun... And in talking with Peti after the match I think he would agree that albeit was an awesome slam dunk in our faces, it did take away from the fun of the gathering.

Anyhoo - its not bannable, but it goes into the category of play it at your own risk - Which is the risk of a) having everyone annoyed with you, b) being the #1 target & c) plan to do a lot of watching because you will be ganged up on & destroyed.

No - that was not a challenge to see if someone can build a dream to kill everyone... I just wanted to impress upon the fact that it is a non-fun card

:-)
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

PostSubject: Re: Candidates for not-so-funness   Candidates for not-so-funness I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:14 pm

My problem with it is that you generally win after playing Dream halls regardless of your opponents' actions. Even with a naturalize, you can play 1 spell for free right after dream halls resolves, which means that something like conflux would literally generate so much card advantage, you might as well give up. :-/

I think I'm just adding cards to this list though, since it's just a note for people anyways (and yes, it MAY end up having cards banned).

Next up on the chopping block:
Mind's desire

6 mana sorcery that lets you shuffle your library, and then exile the top card (to which you can play for free). It has storm, which lets you copy this once for each spell that was cast before it.

Again, it's another card that can go infinite, wins games anyways without going infinite, and is generally unfun. The difference here is that this guy is...well not counterable except with something like mindbreak trap. This guy might warrant investigations. :3
Back to top Go down
Huck101

Huck101

PostSubject: Re: Candidates for not-so-funness   Candidates for not-so-funness I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:52 am

While I agree that Dream Halls should not be banned I do however agree that when built around that it can end games by turn 3 (when cast) or 4. On that note, I say for "Clan" events, that we ban the card. Other PRE we can decide wether or not if it can be used, not sure how that would work out.

Minds Desire is another of the "watch me play and you lose" BUT it takes longer to setup, giving you time to stop it or kill the opponent so definately not wanting to ban this card. just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Candidates for not-so-funness   Candidates for not-so-funness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Candidates for not-so-funness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ebon Dawn :: Membership :: Town Hall-
Jump to: