Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Biggest Threat = Target

Go down 
+3
Kaotics
Minori
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

Biggest Threat = Target Empty
PostSubject: Biggest Threat = Target   Biggest Threat = Target I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:28 pm

You hear this all the time in non-clan or clan related multiplayer matches, "I only attacked you because you were the biggest threat."

I'm astounded when I play multi-player and read the threads posted within this forum of how one player can continually dominate an event or matchup. Most of the time a player slips through the cracks or observational skills due to "He attacked me, I attacked him" mentality. Meanwhile the sleeping giant (Player X) builds his/her power base and eventually unleashes fury upon the unsuspecting player(s) and easily dominates the rest of the game. Have you ever been in one of these games? If you said "No" then you apparently haven't played in our clan events because it happens 90% of the time.

I personally "APPLAUD" anyone who takes advanatage of the above situation because it is a perfect strategy, especially if you play "POLITICS" and incite the rivalry. As for those who do not see through this strategy (Smoke/Mirrors), you will never win an event with this setup.

Awe has proven to be a very efficient killing machine in our clan events because he/she employs the following tactics: (1) Adapt & Overcome (change decks) (2) Observe FFA/Attack Left mechanics and build accordingly (3) Selective targeting vs. attack everyone at least once (4) Experience......
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
Minori

Minori

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Threat = Target   Biggest Threat = Target I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Awe just won another one. Very nice. :3

Minori's weak on the multiplayer still. Honestly playing too much 1v1 makes you less sensitive to the multiplayer aspect of the game, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Threat = Target   Biggest Threat = Target I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:29 pm

Man, just wait until next week, I am finally getting a break in my schedule and will have nights off from school. Just you all wait, I am gonna be back and more deadlythan ever with some awesome deck ideas and combos you should all watch out for.
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Threat = Target   Biggest Threat = Target I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Kaotics is just a widdle biddy pussy cat. With fluffy vampire ears.
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Threat = Target   Biggest Threat = Target I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:38 pm

Minori likes cute and fluffy things. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Huck101

Huck101

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Threat = Target   Biggest Threat = Target I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:28 pm

I think that I'm going to be focusing more on Awe from now on so I can win? Kilamod....minus your infinate plays you are the next target then will be Laughing Tree....need more players in these events!!!!
Back to top Go down
awe84

awe84

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Threat = Target   Biggest Threat = Target I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:31 pm

The problem with focusing on any one player is that you will end up beating each other up and both losing. To win in multiplayer you have to play defensively and constantly evaluate who the biggest threat is based on board position, life totals, and cards in hand. The topic I completely agree with; once you have determined the biggest threat, do whatever you can to weaken them without overly exposing yourself.
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Threat = Target   Biggest Threat = Target I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:11 pm

well hell i guess i have to start playing more if Awe is just dominating things. and Huck Very Happy Bring it!!! Nom Nom Nom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Threat = Target   Biggest Threat = Target I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biggest Threat = Target
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ebon Dawn :: Clan Hall-
Jump to: