Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All is Dust

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Minori

Minori

All is Dust Empty
PostSubject: All is Dust   All is Dust I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:34 pm

All is Dust 7 (colourless, generic mana, yes)
Tribal sorcery - Eldrazi
Each player sacrifices all coloured permanents.

MYTHIC RARE

Minori is contemplating on quitting magic on the grounds of wizards breaching a written contract where MaRo specifically stated utility cards like the one shown above would never be a mythic rare. Minori was at one point proud that wizards never printed cards that would be worth more than 20 bucks, that standard cards would usually not go "that high". Then mythics came, and cards like walletslayers and jace, cash sculptors began coming out.

Minori is thoroughly disappointed at this revelation.

The good news is that Minori will still be around to play with you guys. The bad news is that starting from now, Minori will unlikely be buying any more of anything from Wizards after finishing up the Zendikar set, so Minori probably wouldn't be able to keep up with any of you guys (not that this wasn't happening before anyway).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

All is Dust Empty
PostSubject: Re: All is Dust   All is Dust I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:19 am

Minori wrote:
All is Dust 7 (colourless, generic mana, yes)
Tribal sorcery - Eldrazi
Each player sacrifices all coloured permanents.

MYTHIC RARE

Minori is contemplating on quitting magic on the grounds of wizards breaching a written contract where MaRo specifically stated utility cards like the one shown above would never be a mythic rare. Minori was at one point proud that wizards never printed cards that would be worth more than 20 bucks, that standard cards would usually not go "that high". Then mythics came, and cards like walletslayers and jace, cash sculptors began coming out.

Minori is thoroughly disappointed at this revelation.

The good news is that Minori will still be around to play with you guys. The bad news is that starting from now, Minori will unlikely be buying any more of anything from Wizards after finishing up the Zendikar set, so Minori probably wouldn't be able to keep up with any of you guys (not that this wasn't happening before anyway).

No need to quit because of the above m'friend. You have been a loyal member and as long as I lead this clan, I'll help you keep updated w/ some of the newest cards. Beside the fact, if you are still interested I could use your abilities to keep the "clan events" running smoothly which I'll more than gladly compensate you for in the form of cards Smile Get back to me if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
Minori

Minori

All is Dust Empty
PostSubject: Re: All is Dust   All is Dust I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:57 am

Heh, Minori appreciates the sentiments. For Minori, it's more of a principle thing, since Wizards broke their trust. Minori'll still be around and help out. It's just that Minori will unlikely be spending any more money after completing the ZEN set. :3
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

All is Dust Empty
PostSubject: Re: All is Dust   All is Dust I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:38 am

I personally dont mind all the extra rule changes or card imbalance mechanics. We (Ebon Dawn) take the cards out of our events that take away from the fun or balance of our events if they meet our bannable criteria. Considering this is the only format I play (Online), I dont really mind.
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

All is Dust Empty
PostSubject: Re: All is Dust   All is Dust I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Minori,
I've played magic since 4th ed.
We used to drink & smoke a ton, and now I drink diet coke & play online to just chill out after work.
So I guess some things over the years have changed. However, what never has seemed to change is that - with every new set - There are people who are unhappy with a card, or a mechanic or the who set & state of the game of magic in general.

Through all these years, WOC has kept the game of magic fun & in constant flux & evolution... The cards we used to think were unstoppable are now laughable. Serra Angel comes to mind... That card was absolutely so great back when it came out, but now it has been demoted to uncommon status - a shaodow of her former dominance.

My point - Dont let yourself get wrapped up in a seemingly dominant card (esp this simple boardwipe - which actually seems like a nice answer to ionia) because there is an answer to EVERY card.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

All is Dust Empty
PostSubject: Re: All is Dust   All is Dust I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:12 am

thelaughingtree wrote:
Minori,
We used to drink & smoke a ton, and now I drink diet coke & play online to just chill out after work.
So I guess some things over the years have changed. However, what never has seemed to change is that - with every new set - There are people who are unhappy with a card, or a mechanic or the who set & state of the game of magic in general.

Through all these years, WOC has kept the game of magic fun & in constant flux & evolution... The cards we used to think were unstoppable are now laughable. Serra Angel comes to mind... That card was absolutely so great back when it came out, but now it has been demoted to uncommon status - a shaodow of her former dominance.

My point - Dont let yourself get wrapped up in a seemingly dominant card (esp this simple boardwipe - which actually seems like a nice answer to ionia) because there is an answer to EVERY card.

Touche!!
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

All is Dust Empty
PostSubject: Re: All is Dust   All is Dust I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:13 am

lol, counterspell, cancel, negate, what else can we think of that blue can't do?
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

All is Dust Empty
PostSubject: Re: All is Dust   All is Dust I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:22 pm

thelaughingtree wrote:
Minori,

Actually, Minori isn't afraid of the card. Minori is afraid of the COST of the card. XD The card is such a powerful casual utility card that Minori couldn't believe Wizards is printing out a utility card at mythic. That was really Minori's concern and not necessarily its power level, since Minori would handle this card in much the same way Minori handled oblivion stone.

Kaotics wrote:
lol, counterspell, cancel, negate, what else can we think of that blue can't do?

If Minori didn't already know of oblivion stone's existence, Minori would have added "destroy stuff" to that list. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All is Dust Empty
PostSubject: Re: All is Dust   All is Dust I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All is Dust
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ebon Dawn :: Ebon Bazaar :: Magic Talk-
Jump to: