Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

land bounce

Go down 
+2
Jetdoc
Kaotics
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaotics

Kaotics

land bounce Empty
PostSubject: land bounce   land bounce I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:48 am

I have a question that i want everyone to talk about and even vote on if necessary. is it legal to bounce a basic land back into my opponents hand then use a discard effect to make them discard a card from their hand?
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

land bounce Empty
PostSubject: Re: land bounce   land bounce I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:45 pm

I don't see why that would be against the rules. There isn't any rule against targeting lands...just destroying them (i.e. directly to the graveyard, sacrificing or exiling).
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

land bounce Empty
PostSubject: Re: land bounce   land bounce I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:18 pm

I'll let our Mr. Kross handle this one. The only official word that I can recall him saying was that basic lands are off limits completely - Anyone who 'targets' a basic land is subject to instant disqualification. I assume him saying 'targets' would imply both destroying and bounce.

I'm indifferent... I don't like people messing with my lands, but sometimes have looked over at Awe's pile of 15 mana by turn 4 & wished I could wipe those away lol (yeah thats an exaggeration)
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

land bounce Empty
PostSubject: Re: land bounce   land bounce I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Whoops...laughingtree is right. I thought the rule was for all lands, but apparently you can only bounce non-basic lands.

LAND DESTRUCTION: Land destruction is limited to only non-basic lands. You cannot destroy or bounce basic lands, however you can destroy/bounce any number of non-basic lands. Enchant or Thievery spells are allowed, but if the caster stealing (Basic Only) all of a player(s) lands prevents the owner of the stolen lands from casting any spells, this is considered a "LOCK DOWN" condition and he/she will be DQ'd. This condition (thievery/enchant steals) does not apply to non-basic lands.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

land bounce Empty
PostSubject: Re: land bounce   land bounce I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Jetdoc wrote:
Whoops...laughingtree is right. I thought the rule was for all lands, but apparently you can only bounce non-basic lands.

LAND DESTRUCTION: Land destruction is limited to only non-basic lands. You cannot destroy or bounce basic lands, however you can destroy/bounce any number of non-basic lands. Enchant or Thievery spells are allowed, but if the caster stealing (Basic Only) all of a player(s) lands prevents the owner of the stolen lands from casting any spells, this is considered a "LOCK DOWN" condition and he/she will be DQ'd. This condition (thievery/enchant steals) does not apply to non-basic lands.

The "Rules" speaks for itself....
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
awe84

awe84

land bounce Empty
PostSubject: Re: land bounce   land bounce I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:12 pm

I recently had a lot of fun playing Catastrophe (4WW - sorcery - destroy all creatures or lands) in urza's saga draft. The card was great because if I was behind with creatures I could wrath and if I was ahead I could armageddon. Getting to deny land is fun when you're doing the denying, but I think it is just too frustrating on the receiving end to be allowed in clan play. Likewise, bounce into discard is breaking the spirit of the rule whether it is technically legal or not.

If you really want to win by stopping everyone else from doing anything, then play counters and wraths and crazy enchatments/artifacts that make creatures 1/1 with no abilities or unable to attack.
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

land bounce Empty
PostSubject: Re: land bounce   land bounce I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 pm

awe84 wrote:
...If you really want to win by stopping everyone else from doing anything, then play counters and wraths and crazy enchatments/artifacts that make creatures 1/1 with no abilities or unable to attack.

...like awe does
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Huck101

Huck101

land bounce Empty
PostSubject: Re: land bounce   land bounce I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:33 am

I am against a clan member bouncing my land (any type for that matter and making me discard it so I can't play it again) .....against anyone else I think it's a great idea Wink

*sidenote* I do not think this should be allowed in the clan battles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

land bounce Empty
PostSubject: Re: land bounce   land bounce I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

land bounce
Page 1 of 1