Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Terra Eternal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaotics

Kaotics

Terra Eternal Empty
PostSubject: Terra Eternal   Terra Eternal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:11 am

I am pretty sure most of you know what this card does, if not, here it is:

Terra Eternal
2W
Enchantment
All lands are indestructible.

My question is, even though we have the rule stating that you cannot turn all permanents of one type indestructible, could we make an exception for this card?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

Terra Eternal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Eternal   Terra Eternal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:41 pm

That card wouldnt be bannable due to the card itself not being invulnerable (Tera Eternal). However, if you made all enchants along w/ this card invulnerable, you would be disqualified.
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
Kaotics

Kaotics

Terra Eternal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Eternal   Terra Eternal I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:29 pm

but this is where i would like to point out the indestrucibility ruling we have, i use a darksteel forge,i get dq'd, but not terra eternal? I do believe that there are many ways to get rid of cards, white and blue are dominant in that area but not every deck uses those colors. I can name several cards that could get rid of the forge.... Oblivion ring, boomerang, aethersnipe, deglamer, dust to dust... there are many ways to keep something off the field, it is just a question of how do we protect ourselves from something like that. I think terra eternal should be banned due to the way our rules are set up.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

Terra Eternal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Eternal   Terra Eternal I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:56 pm

Kaotics wrote:
but this is where i would like to point out the indestrucibility ruling we have, i use a darksteel forge,i get dq'd, but not terra eternal? I do believe that there are many ways to get rid of cards, white and blue are dominant in that area but not every deck uses those colors. I can name several cards that could get rid of the forge.... Oblivion ring, boomerang, aethersnipe, deglamer, dust to dust... there are many ways to keep something off the field, it is just a question of how do we protect ourselves from something like that. I think terra eternal should be banned due to the way our rules are set up.

Well if we want to get technical I could just ban all "Invulnerbility." Seeing how you are the only one pushing this topic, I doubt you are going to get much support from a clan who already opposes "Invulnerbility" in general. But just the same this is a "Town Hall" for all to discuss. My stance stands w/ the above statement: "If the enchantment that makes all the lands become invulnerable becomes invulnerable itself, you will be DQ'd."
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

Terra Eternal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Eternal   Terra Eternal I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:46 pm

But invulnerable is incredibly difficult to assemble anyways. To a minimum, you need indestructibility on top of shroud to be completely invulnerable in terms of a card type, no?

So terra would need both indestructibility and shroud, minimum, before it's a DQ. o_O
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

Terra Eternal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Eternal   Terra Eternal I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm not going to debate this issue to be honest. You see, every once in awhile we get members that test the waters and try every way in the world to twist, read between the lines, and break existing rules.

Sometimes the "Spirit" of the game is not enough for some, especially when it comes down to fun w/o a turn 3 win, infinite combo, complete invulnerbility, or an instant win condition. I'd say to those (not pointing fingers at anyone) to do an about face (180 degree turn) and walk away.

For the past 2 or 3 years I've ran this clan and several like it and had the same degree of success w/ the same rules/regulations. I've seen people come and go because of the limitations and others who would applaud it. In the end, nothing is going to change regardless of loop holes one' might discover or all the discrepancies that might be in our rules/regulations.

The rules were designed for the majority to have fun. If there are a few minorities that dont like it, then dont play. I value everyone in this clan and their opinion, but if for some reason a particular player has evolved beyond our rules/regulations and general taste, then we wish them the best of luck w/ a new clan or their very own where they can dictate their own set of values.
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

Terra Eternal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Eternal   Terra Eternal I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:26 am

As a rule, I like to kill shit. Maybe thats the red in me. I don't like indestructibility, but if I can kill the thing causing the indestructability, I'm good.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Terra Eternal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Eternal   Terra Eternal I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:51 pm

thats why i brought this up, i was warned about disqualification next time i played a darksteel forge. I was wondering why terra wouldnt be banned and i got my answer. the forge can be taken care of in so many ways, not as many as an enchant but still, whatever....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Terra Eternal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Eternal   Terra Eternal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terra Eternal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ebon Dawn :: Membership :: Town Hall-
Jump to: