Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deciding the killing blow

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaotics

Kaotics

Deciding the killing blow Empty
PostSubject: Deciding the killing blow   Deciding the killing blow I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:37 am

Hi all, school really started to pick up.... I now have at least 3-5 essays per week to write. Anyway, I noticed the bounty board thing and have to ask because this has been my favorite card to use in multiplayer.

Master Warcraft 2(R/W)(R/W)
Instant
Play only before attackers are declared.

You choose which creatures attack this turn. You choose which creatures block this turn.

My love for this card stems from my first ravnica draft. The question is: If I play this on opponent A's turn and make their creatures kill opponent B, do I get the kill or does opponent A? Tricky, i know but I would also like to point out that if I played the card, I am using opponent A's creatures as if they were my own. I control the attack phase for the turn. Now, I also would like to point out that the same kind of thing would go towards a redirect spell such as Reroute.

Reroute 1R
Instant
Change the target of target activated ability with a single target.

Draw a card.

What if an opponent is down to their last 5 or less life and I too am down that low and another player goes to hit me with an ability from a Flamewave Invoker, and I Reroute the ability to kill the other person, do I get the kill or my opponent because it is his effect?

I have been in a few tourneys and Eldrazi is awesome, I hope to come back soon.
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

PostSubject: Re: Deciding the killing blow   Deciding the killing blow I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:50 am

I would say that the player that controls the killing blow (i.e. and not the one that owns the cards that cause the killing blow) is the one that gets the credit.

So, if you Swerve a killing Blaze (ahhh...burn) from one player to a soon-to-be-dead player, then you would get the credit for the kill since you are the one that cast the Swerve.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Deciding the killing blow   Deciding the killing blow I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:51 am

That is what I am thinking but the technicality exists that it is the other player's card, they own the kill condition. It would be different I think with a card like Insurrection. I don't know, I am playing both sides here because if I was the one who got messed with like that, I would want to say it was my kill.
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

PostSubject: Re: Deciding the killing blow   Deciding the killing blow I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:14 am

But you made the kill condition. a player targets you, and that is there condition you swerve and then have now added the last condition to the invokers ability and you redirect that energy to the other player with your spell. So i agree with Jetdoc
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Deciding the killing blow   Deciding the killing blow I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:48 am

I have another question about killing blows..... What if, for example, I mill someone down to 1 card and they have a howling mine out.... their draw step forces them to draw from the mine first then their regular draw.... in this scenario, would I win because i got them that low or do they commit suicide?
Back to top Go down
wing nut

wing nut

PostSubject: Re: Deciding the killing blow   Deciding the killing blow I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:56 am

i would say that the person who milled the deck to 1 gets the credit for the kill
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Deciding the killing blow   Deciding the killing blow I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:09 am

well, what would you say if I only got them down to like 7 or 8 cards and then was eliminated but they lost due to not being able to draw?
Back to top Go down
mdodge555

mdodge555

PostSubject: Re: Deciding the killing blow   Deciding the killing blow I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:50 am

then thats not yours because it took more than one turn because then technicaly everyone could say they killed them because they stalled them out those last 8 cards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deciding the killing blow   Deciding the killing blow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deciding the killing blow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ebon Dawn :: Membership :: Town Hall-
Jump to: