Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kaleidoscope

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sauron

Sauron

Kaleidoscope Empty
PostSubject: Kaleidoscope   Kaleidoscope I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:14 pm

After the recent changes to the Extended format (ie only the last 4 years of cards), will the Kaleidoscope format continure to be based on Extended?
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Kaleidoscope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidoscope   Kaleidoscope I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:28 am

kaleidoscope can also be used with some classic cards. the thing is that it didnt really become a format until ravnica and even then, the pool was so limited... hell, even lorewyn did some good things but with alara block, it really shines, so to answer your question, i think it is still based on standard for the time being.
Back to top Go down
mdodge555

mdodge555

Kaleidoscope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidoscope   Kaleidoscope I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:20 am

taken straight from the kalidescope events page

"Format = Classic - Multiplayer (FFA or Attack Left)"

kalidescope has always been a classic game justpeople use more of the extended standard cards for some reason
Back to top Go down
Sauron

Sauron

Kaleidoscope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidoscope   Kaleidoscope I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Thats weird, what the hell page was I looking at that said it was based off extended? o_O
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Kaleidoscope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidoscope   Kaleidoscope I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:22 am

Actually, the reason for kaleidoscope making it 's way on to mtgo is because of Alara block and Lorwyn/Shadowmoor blocks. So Sauron, that page is partially right. L/S did start to pave the way for Kaleidoscope games but it wasn't until ALA block that it really took off. Especially because of ARB...ALL MULTICOLORED!!!! As for it being classic, that gives us all a chance to use cards like Tsabo Tavoc and such... without it being classic, we could never play certain cards. That should take care of dodge's comment as to why more standard cards are used....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kaleidoscope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaleidoscope   Kaleidoscope I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaleidoscope
Page 1 of 1