Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I love Anime!!!

Go down 
+6
awe84
Minori
Jetdoc
Hallucid
Admin
Kaotics
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaotics

Kaotics

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:23 pm

Okay, anyone up for anime discussions. List whatever anime you watch and we can discuss episodes, manga and the like.

My anime:
Bleach
One Piece
Naruto Shippuden

My Manga:
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:41 pm

The only anime I have ever watched and really liked was the "Vampire Hunter D" movie. Awesome show. Is there a series to this movie?
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
Kaotics

Kaotics

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:34 am

yes there was a short run anime that ended up as two different animes. they showed 15 episodes for the anime based on the movied, then that branched off and released another set of 15 based on a seperate story branch. if you really want to watch them, there are plenty of sites around but dont bother. there is a reason they only made 15 of each.
Back to top Go down
Hallucid
Admin
Hallucid

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:00 pm

The only anime I've watched was Hellsing. I don't think I've seen every episode, I should probably go download it again. It took me a few episodes to get used to reading subtitles, but from what I've seen and heard of other animes, the spirit of the series tends to get watered down when they're dubbed in English.

Any other suggestions besides the ones you had listed?
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:12 pm

I like the Esurance girl a lot. Does that count?
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:57 am

no, the esurance girl does not count, lol, and hall, if you liked hellsing, you should check out elfen leid and trigun.
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Seems like Minori is the other anime fan around. :O

Favourite series: Monster. Dr. Tenma <3 Anna <3
Back to top Go down
awe84

awe84

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:04 pm

I started watching monster and never got around to finishing it. It's still sitting on my hard drive somewhere I think. Sone of my favorites are Ergo Proxy, Nana, and Yakitate!! Japan.
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:48 pm

Minori loves Yakitate!! Japan!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:38 pm

Go go Ergo Proxy and Samurai Champloo for the animes. Chrono Crusade is neat and if you want something really really into gore then go with GANTZ that is awesome too, and Dead Leaves for loop de loop. http://www.animecrazy.net/ is a site i use, but i like to own the stuff if i can get it. and then for manga Very Happy Gamaran, Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest, Deadman Wonderland, Psyren, Franken Fran (thats some creeeeeeepy stuff) Claymore, Soul Eater. This be the site that i enjoy reading from. http://www.onemanga.com/

To me subtitles are a lot more enjoyable than hearing the dubed stuff. dubed makes me feel ashamed to know english, its so bad usually.

And why doesn't the e-surance girl count? she is animated Razz
Back to top Go down
DarkPact

DarkPact

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:37 pm

for me, the best Anime ever made is Akira. Ghost in the Shell was just plain disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:23 am

Minori is currently obsessed with Angel Beats right now.
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:44 pm

I've never really been much into cartoons - I'm sorry to say that anime are simply cartoons to me. I do like those old GI Joe cartoons & Looney Tunes are cool. Family guy on a rare occasion if i'm in the mood.

Seriously though, Akira was the only anime I really have ever watched. As an artist & a lover of a good story, why hasn't anime ever appealed to me? I always hear that akira is the penultimate classic, so is that it, or is there something better? Point me in the right direction if you have any suggestions... I like more calming things to watch also clever storylines - I hate the ADD / quick cuts aspect of some of the cartoon / anime stuff that I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Petipuf

Petipuf

I love Anime!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Anime!!!   I love Anime!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:14 am

I watch/watched:
Bleach
Naruto (s)
FMA
MONSTER <---best ever
Samurai Champloo

I read:
FMA (too bad its over)
Bleach
Naruto
20th century boys
Back to top Go down