Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tribal Rulings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Tribal Rulings   Tribal Rulings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:51 am

I want to question the ruling on a particular card(s) text.

Lavalanche XBRG
Sorcery
Lavalanche deals X damage to target player and each creature he or she controls.

The reason I want to allow this card is because according to our rules set up, Global destroy/burn is not allowed. This card does not target every player, just one. It also does not target every creature on the board, just one player's creatures. I also bring this up due to one of my new favorite cards' text.

LORD OF SHATTERSKULL PASS......

If you have not seen what this beast can do to an opposing army, then you need to try him out. One of my friends runs a somewhat quick sliver deck. I ran a deck with 4 of this monster. I overwhelmed the slivers!!! They cannot stand up to the 6 damage per attack.... I dont know many decks whose creatures could stand up to 24 damage a turn. I add him to the list of "Please let me use this one in tribal." I think that tribal should be done 1v1 if we want to avoid field effects such as lavalanche or my new minotaur friend. Oh, BTW, If you level him up enough to get the power of the punch behind him, add the shaman equipment Thornbite Staff to him..... lots of killing power there.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rulings   Tribal Rulings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:46 pm

One other card I want to ask about is Insurrection. I dont kill or destroy all creatures, I "borrow" them for a combat phase.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

Tribal Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rulings   Tribal Rulings I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:33 am

Both would not be allowed due to global targeting. However both cards could be used in the "Beast Wars" event.

You mentioned no Direct Damage was allowed in "Tribal??" I dont recall there being a ruling that prevents players from dealing direct damage to another player in this format. If I'm wrong I apologize but as far as I know you are allowed DD in Tribal.
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rulings   Tribal Rulings I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:27 am

I only bring this up because as the ruling is stated right now, to target any more than 1 creature is auto DQ, I think that cards like comet storm and fireball then have to be severely cut off to one target. would twin strike also be banned? it can either burn 2 creature for 2 damage each or kill both if i am hellbent.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

Tribal Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rulings   Tribal Rulings I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Kaotics wrote:
I only bring this up because as the ruling is stated right now, to target any more than 1 creature is auto DQ, I think that cards like comet storm and fireball then have to be severely cut off to one target. would twin strike also be banned? it can either burn 2 creature for 2 damage each or kill both if i am hellbent.

You are apparently misreading the rulings because it specifically states you can use Fireball and Cometstorm as long as it targets "X" creatures or players. Only Global creature kill is banned because it affects all players.

For example, If I played Decree of pain, Wrath of God or Damnation that would be considered global due to it killing everyone's creatures (DQ). However, if I played a fireball and targetted 2 of your creatures, 3 of Kilamods, and 5 of another players then that would be legal due to it being targetable, not global. Same thing goes w/ Direct Damage.

There is no limit to the amount of creatures you can kill of any players, so long as you have the mana to do so and it isnt a global effect that wipes every creature out w/ one spell that doesnt require you to pay "X" in the casting cost for each individual creature.

However, if you can get a majority vote from the "Inner Council" on this issue, then you will win your appeal. I suggest you ask Darkpact, Wingnut, and Laughingtree to chime in on this ruling via this post. My vote has already been cast and that is still "DQ" if you play it.
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Tribal Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rulings   Tribal Rulings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tribal Rulings
Page 1 of 1