Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Card Rulings

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaotics

Kaotics

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Biorhythm 6GG
Sorcery
Each player's life total becomes equal to the number of creatures he or she controls.

Should this card be banned? Explanations Please... If so, then why not ban cards like Magister Sphinx or Sorin Markov?

Also, this one is for judgment event only...

Should the White/Green side be allowed to use Dark Depths? I know it is a trivial card, but i have 2 and am looking for more decks to create Marit Lage.... I figured on W/G because of all the mana ramping from cards like mirari's wake.
Back to top Go down
mdodge555

mdodge555

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:56 pm

sorin and the sphinx lower life totals to 10 while biorythm is = to creatures so you can have someone do a board wipe then on your turn you can play a token then cast biorythum you just wiped the table and won in instant win condition
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:54 pm

but it can be stopped by a creature with flash or madness
Back to top Go down
wing nut

wing nut

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:35 pm

ok but ur arguement is it can be stopped by another payer playin a crit card with flash come on dude really what r the odds of that really happening

and dodge thx for ur explanition u answered it perfectly Smile

kao when i build a deck i dont even think about the what if another player plays a borderline questionable card i try to kill awe Smile or try to handel players like sauron or DP with there insane ife gain or constant creature bombardment...(hostility woah!!!)

so when crap like that is played it just take the fun out of the game... man were all a family of sorts... me personally i would like a family of commrades and not a bunch of (insert approiate explative here)

but if u played it when there was still crits out like lets say every player had a few out and u played it and u were certain theres no way to wipe out the baord when u do play it and every1's life totals lower to like 2 or 3 then its deffently a play at ur own risk but there r plenty of cards the other player could have to cause a dq on u and not to mention we would all seriously have something to say about it.... I KNOW I WOULD

as for the dark depths dude how many events r there why in the judgement event seriously ur bringin out a black huge monster on the white green team who cares if it starts out as a land ITS A BLACK HUGE MONSTER!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:34 am

like i said last night, i dont give a fuck anymore, I am going to stop asking questions and just play the goddamn game. IF ANY OF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT, FEEL FREE TO LOOK ME UP ONLINE... I also wanted to point out that the fact the sword of body and mind makes a wolf token should be irrelavant to what team it goes on... it would be like me using a black revival spell on a master of the wild hunt.... ooops, now i get wolf tokens that are green.... i messed up, now i lose because i keep putting in a creature that isnt the same color or colors as what i am supposed to be playing.... i am just saying that the pro green would help the black red side more than the white green side... honestly, listen to reason or dont... IDGAF
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Another card that dodge questioned tonight is Warp World... I didnt think it was banned and I remember asking kros about it and he said it was okay... thing is that wing mentioned it "bounced" lands... bouncing a land implies that it goes to your hand correct? Warp World does not do this nor does it meet any of the criteria for a lock down or instant win situation. If you have an opinion on this card, please voice it...
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:52 pm

Warp world is ok. Random Johnny cards like that should exist for the sake of the game itself. It's not brokenly good anyway (just a trigger nightmare).
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Kaotics wrote:
like i said last night, i dont give a fuck anymore, I am going to stop asking questions and just play the goddamn game. IF ANY OF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT, FEEL FREE TO LOOK ME UP ONLINE... I also wanted to point out that the fact the sword of body and mind makes a wolf token should be irrelavant to what team it goes on... it would be like me using a black revival spell on a master of the wild hunt.... ooops, now i get wolf tokens that are green.... i messed up, now i lose because i keep putting in a creature that isnt the same color or colors as what i am supposed to be playing.... i am just saying that the pro green would help the black red side more than the white green side... honestly, listen to reason or dont... IDGAF

The difference is, the green card that you reanimate was not in your deck. But the card that gives you a black token is in your deck and you know that its there. Sword of body and mind, if it makes a green token should be used by G/W only as that is an ability that is known to create the green token. But if you use a Black revival spell on a green creature that isnt yours from a graveyard that isnt yours. it should be fine, at least in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:45 pm

i am just saying though, sword of body and mind makes more sense to be put in the red black deck because of the pro green ability... the ability to make wolves is irrelevant in my opinion...
Back to top Go down
wing nut

wing nut

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:59 pm

ty kila
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:36 pm

but its becuase of the ability that makes it unusable...so you have to find something else for pro green i would think there are many cards other than that one equipment
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:55 pm

not really, look it up in the gatherer, it is basically blue that has pro green, there are some white cards and other green cards too.... there isnt a lot of pro green... there are 3 mono black creatures with pro green, one of them requires threshold... there is nothing in mono black or red or even another artifact that b/r could use to give pro green except the sword... just saying the token doesnt matter.... If stealing a master of the wild hunt is different from playing the sword, i dont understand it then.... both make green creature tokens... which i believe to be irrelevant to what I am talking about... besides, why would you give pro green to a white or green creature when you are playing against black and red decks? just saying that the swords ability to make tokens is the same as stealing a master out of a gy....

Last edited by Kaotics on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:02 pm

lol thats becuase Black and Red are man enough to not use Pro green Wink

But really then thats the tools you have to work with, if there isnt a lot of pro green, then i guess don worry about it and go with something else. just cuase there isnt a lot of something, dosent mean that it should be used as an exception. The artifact makes green tokens. so that is enough, just like the land makes a black token. one has to deal with the limitations were givin and how we adapt in situations will be how we fair.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:05 pm

but the white green decks rely on their protection from black and red... I am just trying to make it fair for both sides... it isnt related to any color, you guys are just hung up on the token making aspect which is entirely ignorant to the point i am trying to make....
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:07 pm

right but the token making aspect is what is making your point invalid. they have protection for a reason, the creators of magic didnt make it unbalanced. and as i remember the last time i played against red and black, with our green white protection... didnt help us at all.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:10 pm

you werent doing it right then, j/k
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 7:40 am

well if were just playing jokes ... Wink you didnt do a thing that game either other than be a winning looser... j/k
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:56 pm

same for doge then too huh?
Back to top Go down
wing nut

wing nut

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:41 pm

ok new topic play nice!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:56 pm

I asked about everyone's opinion on warp world, minori is the only one to comment on it...
Back to top Go down
wing nut

wing nut

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 3:05 pm

like minori said it should be playable then i guess it should be even thou it can reduce the amount of playable basics lands a player has it does not destroy them so ohwell its a loop hole mess with basic lands card i guess
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:14 am

I dont have anything to say with Warp worlds. and other things were brought up. i had something to say on the other things... You did not just ask a question about warped worlds. You then brought in the sword of body and mind. that is the subject i took up as the title of the page is called "card rules" not "warped world rules" ... Also then you made your little joke taking the context of your little post out of context, i replied to how you responded to me. and then you replied in kind... It was between me and you, then you go and also bring dodge into it. ^_^ just dont act innocent with things like

"I asked about everyone's opinion on warp world, minori is the only one to comment on it..."

When you did more than just that...
Back to top Go down
mdodge555

mdodge555

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:50 am

you kno my opinion on this card kao it technicly does bounce the basic lands from the table since the defination of bounce is to remove them from the field which that card does then theres just soo many stupid things you can do with it and also it does have lockdown potentional because theres a huge possibility someone does not get any land after a warp world
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:59 am

The problem with Warped worlds is the fact that all basic land is taken away and touched. shuffled away from the players controll and then are delt cards on the table, now some might get a lot of land that way. but there will be a time when the cards delt back are then without basic lands to play. of course there are many "what ifs" but we are talking about what this card dose and its possibilitys with out the other "what ifs" so now a possibility of this card is to give me no basic land or land of any kind. i'm officially locked down in my head at that point. waiting for things to happen. I cant cast spells and now am waiting to top deck all my lands. So while some constitute bounce as back to the hand, so that the lands that go into the deck are not "bounced per se" just removed. At this point then the bounce is a lesser evil than warpped worlds, becuase bounce would bring to the hand and thus give me the opportunity to replay my basic land. If the land is "bounced" to my deck from play, that has also taken away the opportunity to replay it. Now while the chance to get no lands back from a warped worlds play is low. The chance that it exsists is there and so it may happen. Also take for example you do get lands back. well then are they of the same amount that you have put down? I play 4 basic lands before warped worlds but after the effect is resolved i now have 3 basic lands. you have effectively messed with my basic lands and done a no no to our rules.

Shall i go on?
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:04 am

But in the same scenario kila, if you have 4 lands and i play warp world and now you have 6 or 7 and i only have 3 or 4 instead of 8, does that change your outlook on what just happened? This is a double edged sword, all players could get "locked down" for a few turns until they get lands... it is the same as someone being mana screwed... Warp World doesnt harm the lands in any way, in fact, it can get you more lands and less creatures, artifacts and enchants; or it can get you fewer lands and more creatures, artifacts and enchants. Again, playing this card is like playing with only 2 or 3 lands, it may take forever to recover but in the end, you can recover from it. It never officially bounces, exiles or locks anyone down. It is a giant reset button.

(all this is for the sake of argument, if you really feel it needs to be banned, you can ask for a vote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Card Rulings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next