Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Planeswalker Ruling

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaotics

Kaotics

Planeswalker Ruling Empty
PostSubject: Planeswalker Ruling   Planeswalker Ruling I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:34 pm

If I were to choose colorless or any color for that matter, would I be able to use Transguild Courier?

Transguild Courier 4
Artifact Creature - Golem
Transguild Courier is all colors. (Even if not on the battlefield.)
3/3

I ask because the oracle ruling states that the card is white, it is also blue, and black and red and green, as well as multicolor.

I want to know how this card would fit into our planeswalker games. I want to use cards like blessing of the nephilim. Hybrid cards are not allowed, so I would like a ruling on this card please and thank you.
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

PostSubject: Re: Planeswalker Ruling   Planeswalker Ruling I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:57 pm

My opinion would be that Transguild Courier would be legal for Planeswalker in a colorless deck since it is 4 colorless to cast.

Many cards in the game are one color casting cost, but take on attributes of other colors or a variety of colors. To me, the planeswalker event is based off of casting cost & whatever the card does after that is ok.

Blessing of the Nephilim - if I remember correctly, is an aura, right? Its one white to cast & gives a crit +1/+1 for each of its colors... That would be legal to use in a white deck for planeswalker.

The Transguild / Blessing combo would not be able to be used in planeswalker since they are different casting cost colors.

Thats the way I see the rules at least.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Planeswalker Ruling   Planeswalker Ruling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:14 am

Agree w/ Laughing.
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Planeswalker Ruling   Planeswalker Ruling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:26 am

Thank you for the clarification
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planeswalker Ruling   Planeswalker Ruling I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planeswalker Ruling
Page 1 of 1