Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tribal Rule

Go down 
+4
Pantherzone2003
Jetdoc
thelaughingtree
Kaotics
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:15 pm

I believe that we need tohave a vote on this issue... I think players should be allowed to use at least 1 or 2 mass kill cards. I believe that I speak for a mass majority when i say that a decent elf deck is way too hard to overcome when they get going and it would not be fair to single out elf decks. I definitely want everyone's opinion on this. I think it should be allowed in small quantities similar to the restrictions in beast wars.
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:26 pm

To open up the game to tribes other than Elves, I would be open to a vote to allow Mass Crit kill in Tribal.

I think the flip side to the argument though - just so it is stated - is to have at least one clan event that has a reprieve from mass crit kill. And just for the record - the two elf decks were targeted & eliminated first at one of the tribal tables tonight, so elves don't necessarily equal a win...

But lets vote on it & see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:47 pm

At the other table, I know that I stirred a bit of controversy by accidentally bringing some Crypt Rats....but never activating them. It's funny that we had a similar issue (albeit flip sides of the same coin) at both tables.

I think that the rule against mass creature destruction seems reasonable, but maybe something that allows mass creature damage could be put to a vote. That way Pyroclasm-type spells could help control a bit of the Elf population, or at least force them to bring a bit of pump/protection for their guys.
Back to top Go down
Pantherzone2003

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:50 pm

I personally think we should limit one mass kill creature card in tribal so that way everyone is fair because I feel Tribal War is getting a bit boring. Also, I think we should take up the issue of using elves in tribal event so thought we should spice up a little bit to make it more fun. Reply back if you think we should have those kind of rule and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:54 pm

elves already have pump, archdruids, the champions, out of every "tribe" out thre, ony soldiers rival the amount of pump elves have.

Cards like valcanic fallout would do nothing to elves once they get a archdruid or a champion or two out

i am talking like a wog effect or two in a deck
Back to top Go down
Pantherzone2003

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Any fast speed creature deck is taking the game to overpopulate in tribal. Need to just ban certain creature types so it take up more challenge using different creature deck, like zombie, for example. That way every player don't have to worry about elves taking on the easy road.
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:04 pm

I dunno...my zombie deck got a lot of hate tonight too, panther - hahahaha. Maybe that was because Kilamod kept dumping them into my graveyard.

Kaotics - my "damage" idea is at least to limit the potential population of "wipe" spells that are prevalent in other events. There are scalable damage cards that could control even the fast-pumping Elf decks (i.e. Earthquake, Chain Reaction, the aforementioned Crypt Rats) but wouldn't necessarily degrade the format into one board wipe after the next.

You might actually see some of the "mid range" tribes come out to play if there is a fear that the weenie-type tribes might get wiped out by some of these damage-based spells.

But then again, I could just be off my rocker for my love of Red, with a splash of Black.

Last edited by Jetdoc on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:07 pm

that is what i am talking about, mass damage or a wog effect, hell, even using blues mass bounce spells should be allowed, but limit it to 1 or 2 of. it would make everyone play a little more cautiously, especially around red, black and white decks.
Back to top Go down
Pantherzone2003

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Maybe limit to one is great idea for a mass destruction of all creatures, but can't do back-to-back or use them again for the rest of the game. It is like changing the rule of a NFL Postseason OT, where each team must score a TD instead of a easy Field Goal and a 10 minute each OT.
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:21 pm

I don't think that any particular tribes should be banned. This is a question of allowing mass crit kill & to what extent.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:24 pm

exactly tree, i do like the idea of at least one mass creature kill/damage spell
Back to top Go down
Pantherzone2003

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:40 pm

Well, Kross have the final say. We can vote on it, but Kross is the only one that makes the final ruling. If it stands, mass kill is still prohibited in tribal play. That is my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Huck101

Huck101

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:08 am

10 days later....do we have an agreement on 1 or 2 mass creature kill in Tribal decks? With the amount of players playing I would personally say 1 mass effect per deck is allowable since the likely hood that all players would draw theirs is pretty low. My $.02
Back to top Go down
wing nut

wing nut

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:56 pm

heres my 2 pennys if u allow mass crit kills does that open the door 2 other mass crit kills combos like death pingers with radience? or is the mass crit kill only allowed from a sorcery or instant?

I would like to mass kill some elves...

but honestly we need to step our game up for tribal events.. Elves are just a tuff deck to beat but theres ways to do it... I'm more for bannin artifacts other than equiptment in tribal events....SAY NO!!!! TO COAT OF ARMS!!!!!!!! Smile

Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:22 pm

You can now "Vote" on this issue here.
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
DarkPact

DarkPact

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:00 am

for me I think Tribal Wars should be left as is, especially when there are tribes people arent even thinking of that can and do win. Allowing any mass creature kill in a format that specifically is allowed to PLAY CREATURES is sacrilege. I will say though that elf decks showing up to tribal is an age old tried tested and true way to get ahead. With that said, I'd also like to state that whenever i see an elf deck show up at such an event I always try to cripple it as much as possible. If others had the same idea, we may see elf decks start being replaced by other tribes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:12 am

It's very interesting that Tribal bans mass creature kill but Beast Wars does not. Isn't Beast Wars supposed to be more geared to primarily playing creatures, while Tribal is more geared toward playing cards with a certain theme?

That's always been an inconsistency that I've scratched my head over.
Back to top Go down
Huck101

Huck101

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:22 am

I definately feel that Tribal is more of a Theme type deck and as such should still allow mass destruction

ex: humans living in tribes (tribal obviously) but can have other creatures assimilated into the mix (Atogs, and yes I'm referring to Petipufs deck Smile ) and then let's say an earthquake erupts to kill them as a natural disaster (only happen once in a while) This is way of life for this scenario

Beastwars is exactly that....war
creatures kill other creatures....not mass destruction like plagues or anything

flavorwise I agree with LIMITED creature kill in tribal and would be fine with no creature kill in beastwars
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:36 am

I want that too huck, maybe switching the names of the events and then focusing on the theme aspects of it. As I stated in the voting thread, To allow one tribe to just overwhelm another is just ridiculous.... Everyone prepares for elves and merfolk and goblins.... there are some groups that have access to mass kill and should be able to tap into a limited amount of that power.
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:37 am

Soooo...I'm assuming no rule change for the upcoming Tribal event tomorrow? I think I'm going to be able to get off work to finally participate for once.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:30 pm

so far, no....i guess we have to wait on kros for an official ruling, but as is, he is MIA.... hope his test went well....
Back to top Go down
DarkPact

DarkPact

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:58 am

no rule change for tribal as of yet.....Tonight's event will run by the same old rule- No Mass kill or removal of creatures.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:19 pm

well.... at least i dont have to worry about that tonight.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tribal Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Rule   Tribal Rule I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tribal Rule
Page 1 of 1