Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tribal Mass Kill

Go down 
+5
Kilamod
Kaotics
DarkPact
Jetdoc
Admin
9 posters

How many mass creature kill cards (Sorcery/Instant/Artifact) should be allowed in our Tribal Events?
Tribal Mass Kill I_vote_lcap40%Tribal Mass Kill I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Tribal Mass Kill I_vote_lcap40%Tribal Mass Kill I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Tribal Mass Kill I_vote_lcap0%Tribal Mass Kill I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Tribal Mass Kill I_vote_lcap20%Tribal Mass Kill I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:20 pm

The clan has spoken. Your clan, your vote, make it count!

Keep in mind that whatever the number of "Mass Kill" spells voted in, you can interchange that number between Instants, Sorceries, and Artifacts. For example, if everyone chooses "4" as the number of "Mass Kill" cards, then he/she can have x2 sorceries (WOG,DAMNATION, ETC), 1 Instant (Tsabo Decree, Consume the Meek, Etc) or 1 artifact (Oblivion Stone, etc) or any other combination of the above instant, sorceries, or artifact kill cards. The above was just an example of the combinations I would use, but players may choose what combination of "Creature Kill" cards he/she may choose to play.
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:26 am

Should "zero" be an option as well?
Back to top Go down
DarkPact

DarkPact

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:03 am

zero should be an option. I won't be voting on this, because as I stated in the other thread I think allowing any mass crit kill spells in this is sacrilege.
Back to top Go down
DarkPact

DarkPact

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:03 am

the whole idea is to build a stronger tribe on merit. Be creative!
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:33 am

but not all tribes are equal. there are tribes that can overwhelm another tribe so allowing tribes access to mass removal could save them.
Back to top Go down
DarkPact

DarkPact

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:42 am

IMO: the whole idea of the format is to be triumphant with your tribe, on merit. There are anywhere from 4-6 tribes at a table. If this was 1v1 then it would be different but you have the possibility of 2 tribes of the same kind OR 4-6 different tribes. Getting left behind is often about numbers, if you're worried about getting swamped, run some damage prevention spells. Be Creative! we really only have 1 format and Im not really agreeing with allowing mass kill in tribal instead of beast wars. Beast wars makes sense to have mass kill in it. This is just my opinion, ppl may vote whichever way they like upon the matter.
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm with Dark on this one, i'm not gonna vote as 0 is not an option. I agree with her and being able to build on merit, and not rely on mass creature kill. Things like elfs can flood a board, and some tribals are strong. But with skill and imagination, one can overcome anything, even elfs or whatever. to rely on mass kiss seems lame in something like tribal. Beast wars, mass kill makes sense as it is a war. shit like that happens. but yea ill shut up. i cant vote on this with out 0 being an option
Back to top Go down
awe84

awe84

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Just for the record, I would vote 0 also. The posters above have the reasons covered quite well.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:45 pm

from a fanatasy aspect, beast wars should be about the masive hordes of creatures smashing against each other in an epic struggle of who is strongest. Tribal is about a tribe using its assets and their understanding of mana to better themselves and protect against foes.

I do agree that 0 should be an option for those that do not want to change it, but from a logical aspect, I cannot use all of my merfolk spells from lorwyn because of the tribal rules. My deck needs 2 summon the schools, at least to merrow commerce, not because they are key, because i need them for consistency. but whatever you all want, I will go with.... I wont like it, but I will deal with it in my own way.
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:46 pm

I also vote zero.
Just one clan event without the board wipes is nice. Whether it be Beastwars or Tribal - I don't care - just one event without a board wipe.
Back to top Go down
DarkPact

DarkPact

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:52 am

perhaps that should be the poll then: which format would you prefer removal to be allowed in? Tribal, or Beastwars?
Back to top Go down
wing nut

wing nut

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:22 am

i vote 0 as well its time to put ur thinking cap on and come with the pain and chaos in tribal events.... i'm sure it can be done...
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:58 pm

it isnt a question of whether or not tribal ca bring pain, the problem I think lies in the way we have tribal and beast wars set up. I think beast wars should be renamed tribal and vice versa. again, i do like no board wipes but i think that should be what beast wars is about not tribal.
Back to top Go down
DarkPact

DarkPact

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:34 pm

after viewing the official tribal banned list, I may have to agree with Kaotics after much thought upon the matter. Either way is fine with me so long as we end up with one format that has no removal.
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:59 pm

i dont understand what you mean when you say switching beastwars & tribal - Beastwars uses any # of different crit types, but tribal is one tribe, so what is meant by swtching? Are you saying switch the mass crit kill to tribal & have beastwars free from mass crit kill?
Back to top Go down
DarkPact

DarkPact

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:39 am

thats the gist of the argument yes.
Back to top Go down
Pantherzone2003

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:49 pm

I have to put my input of my opinion too. Tribes is all about the specific group, but tribe also do protect themselves from the hordes of their own foes against the rival tribe opponent plays. Example: Goblin vs. Elves. Elves and Goblins have the same strength and speed, but Elves outnumbered the Goblins 3 to 1. With mass kill, it resets the entire tribe, just like Britain mass kill the Native American due to Native American do not have immunity against the Britain's settler's disease.

If mass kill becomes legal in tribe event, it is all about tribe survival and not the best tribe there is. That is what prevention spells are for in Magic to protect your tribe from mass destruction of all creatures so you can win the game.

Elves are too easy to win, so as goblins. Vampires and other creature types are much more powerful than Elves and Goblins combined. That is why I think we should restrict to one mass kill instead of more than 1 or none at all. It makes the tribal event much more interesting than a boring attack and block format, like you are in prison for life.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:16 am

See, panther gets the fantasy aspect of it, if he can get it, anyone should, lol.... but seriously, I think I agree with DarkPact (that sounds both weird and right for some reason Very Happy) when she says, the vote shouldn't be for tribal kill, it should be for exchanging the rules between tribal and beast wars.
Back to top Go down
Pantherzone2003

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Well, I could put mass kill and prevention card in tribal event then everyone would be fighting for the win in the same manner. That is why elves and goblins are the popular choice when it comes to tribal event. You don't want to have to deal with a 6 to 1 advantage in tribal play. Think about this. If you throw in a one mass kill card and you have a counterspell on hand, that tribe is a threat to the entire board. Beside the combat, you may be outnumbered 40 to 1 odd if you are playing a elves deck. Hmmmm.... See my point here? I am not saying we should outlaw mass kill in beastwars or tribunal, I am saying mass kill in tribal event makes it more INTERESTING that everyone is on the same strength, not bashing one tribe to another. Tribe survival is the key to your victory and with mass kill, you can do all kinds of prevention spells, such as prevent all combat damage to a specific item. I am not saying I am in the fantasy world, I am saying we should spice up the tribunal event with at least ONE mass kill card.

Here's my idea: Everyone have to get at least one mass kill card. If you cast the mass kill and the opponent counters it, you are at a disadvantage to win the game, putting others at advantage. IF all players went through a mass kill and all have been countered, then it plays as normal. You can play as many prevention spell as you can, but you can't have more than one mass kill card in a deck. In the finals if two table is given, then no mass kill allowed, thus you have two tribunal decks, but the same tribe you play in the earlier duel.

Now I hope everyone see my point of how we can make tribunal event more fun and challenged.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:31 pm

um..... i think you went a little off track there pz.... the whole point of the format is to have one wher there is no mass kill.... personally, i think that should be beast wars, not tribal
Back to top Go down
Pantherzone2003

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:07 am

I think I have a change of view here. Kro mention about those stuff at the beginning of the poll. If we allow only 1 mass kill card, players have only one card choice for mass kill, but can't be more than one mass kill per deck. Damnation, for example, would only restrict to 1x, no more than 1x. I also think that we should put in more of power-up cards to make the tribal event better, such as giant growth or something. My question is: Should we restrict the number of instants, sorcery in tribal war beside 1x mass kill card and create a larger tribe numbers of creatures?
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:32 am

right now, tribal has no restrictions on spells... the only ruling right now is now mass burn or mass kill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tribal Mass Kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Mass Kill   Tribal Mass Kill I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tribal Mass Kill
Page 1 of 1