Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deck ideas and help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaotics

Kaotics

Deck ideas and help Empty
PostSubject: Deck ideas and help   Deck ideas and help I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:37 am

If anyone would like to discuss decks that they have had success with or just want to share some ideas on different deck ideas that is why I started this post.

I do want some help with a combo though, I have to find a way to either get this combo to get out faster or make it simpler: Jokulmorder + Crucible of worlds + Dreamscape Artist + Skyshroud Ranger + Life From the Loam.

Here is how it is supposed to work: Jokulmorder has a heavy cost of playing an island to untap it and sacrificing lands to keep him in play initially. Dreamscape artist discards lands and sacrifices lands to put untapped lands into play, skyshroud ranger, life from the loam and crucible of worlds keep my lands flowing into play. I am needing a way to accelerate this faster to get the combo off or find a way to trim down the combo to make it flow better. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

PostSubject: Re: Deck ideas and help   Deck ideas and help I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:11 pm

Ouch - nasty crit for sure - I like the Crucible of words Idea & Skyshroud Ranger. You could also use Elish Piper, Rampant Growth, & Dracoplasm in the mix.

Turn 1 - play forest & Skyshroud Ranger
Turn 2 play land + another from Skyshroud Ranger; also play Crucible of worlds
Turn 3 - Play a land + another from Skyshroud Ranger & Elvish Piper
Turn 4 - Play a land and cast the Jokulmorder with Elvish Piper ability. Tap lands & sac them. From here you can start reclaiming your land - cast rampant growth for a boost.
Turn 5 - you could cast Dracoplasm to avoid the tapping aspect of Jokulmorder

Other cards that might help - Vedalken Orrery to cast Dracoplasm as an instant if someone tries to destroy the Jokulmorder.
Far Wanderings would also help you get lands back out
Back to top Go down
DarkPact

DarkPact

PostSubject: Re: Deck ideas and help   Deck ideas and help I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:24 pm

if you're into playing a white/blue/green slant you could also run land tax-- which keeps you in constant land supply to go with the ranger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck ideas and help   Deck ideas and help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deck ideas and help
Page 1 of 1