Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ideas for clan events

Go down 
+4
mdodge555
Pantherzone2003
thelaughingtree
Kaotics
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaotics

Kaotics

Ideas for clan events Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:04 pm

I wanted to start this as a way to see what kinds of formats people like to play. I also wanted to throw the idea of a momir basic event into the rotation....

Momir basic is really easy to play, take 60 basic land cards and the momir vig, simic visionary avatar and viola!!! instant momir basic deck.... only thing is that the avatar costs close to 10 tix....

EDIT: Side note here, annihilator creatures can show up starting at 7 mana, so we may have to ignore the annihilator ruling on basic land destruction.....

Last edited by Kaotics on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:22 pm

Well - I would definately put a vote in for yes - esp over the occasional call for a commander event. Momir seems to give the game a nice random feel - giving players equal chance at the prize - something that we lack in our events

The only drawback is that people will need to shell out the 9 or so tix for the avatar - which means that my participation in the event might be delayed.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:40 pm

i am not saying it has to be an immediate thing, just throwing out ideas is all..... personally, I love the randomness, it gives everyone a fair shot and can be a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Pantherzone2003

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:47 am

You have a wonderful idea, but due to the annihilator rules that kro set, it is currently banned, regardless if you had this event idea or not because what if I do a disenchant on my own avatar, I want the player to be DQ for forcing me to sacrifice my basic land. I don't think it is a good idea to have momir deck. Most players out there would attack you and make you sacrifice your permanents and some players do not care if you have avatar on the battlefield or not, all they care is to win and make you lose your permanents. That is my view on the idea you presented. I think I have to support Kro on his definition of the rules regarding annihilator ability. Also, I don't think this event is going to work anyway so we should stick to what clan event we have now and just go with the flow.

Note: You can still use annihilator ability in afterhours, which is fine with me and the clan-members, but if we play in a event that is clan-sanctioned, then we can't use annihilator ability.
Back to top Go down
mdodge555

mdodge555

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:11 am

panther with what you said makes no senes at all with what is being discussed
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:22 am

ty dodge
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:38 am

Here is another idea... how about a swiss tournament? similar to drafting a swiss event, it may take a while but it would offer more than just a single elimination game....
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:35 am

I like the Momir idea - when I feel like messing around, I like to play with the Momir format. You actually learn a lot about the various creatures out there that you may have only had limited exposure to.
Back to top Go down
Sauron

Sauron

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:12 am

After the disappointing result of the ravnica block event this past Wednesday, I would like to formally suggest the build your own standard format as a replacement.

The general premise is that players may chose any two blocks and one core set to make their decks from. Each player must declare their blocks and core set before matches for obvious reasons.

I think this would be a flexible enough event for more people to play as they could chose from a wider variety of cards in the card pools they already have, it also opens the door for a lot of diverse results in deck creation and strategies.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:04 am

The only problem I see with it is reprinted cards from the various core sets. I have a 10th ed howling mine and a 9th ed howling mine.... If i chose 10th ed as my core set, would I still be able to use my 9th ed mine? see the problem...
Back to top Go down
Sauron

Sauron

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:09 pm

In DCI tournaments you may use any edition of a card you have that is in a current set, I don't see why the same shouldn't be true for our events.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 9:43 am

I am just saying... some may get picky about it and get all cranky that you used an 8th ed card instead of the 10th ed like you said you were gonna (i am thinking it would be dodge who gets pissy about that situation).
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:25 pm

How about this.

Wizard Wars.

30 life 10 cards. Classic FFA.

No creatures are allowed in decks. But you wanna find a loop hole im sure. so creatures that are created via a sorcery instant or enchantment, thus creating a token is allowed. your spells created it, not summoned a creature already exsisting.

Instant, Sorcery, and Enchantment is allowed. When it comes down to Artifacts. were wizards not artificers like urza. There can only be 4 artifacts in a deck. be that a x4 playset or four different artifacts. While were not artificers, we wizards do like trinkets that help our spell force.

If you think i need to clarify or find any loopholes. ask me to clarify and i can and will. but hey thats only if yall find this interesting.
Back to top Go down
awe84

awe84

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:30 pm

I like the idea of Wizard Wars. It should have at least one event specific banning though. A card like Telemin Performance that just instantly decks you if you have no creatures would be unfair in this event. Ideas for clan events Image
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:43 pm

Ahhhh i agree about the Telemin performance, that would be insta killaru
Back to top Go down
Sauron

Sauron

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:09 pm

What about planeswalkers in wizard wars?
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:12 pm

I would think no. as they are "living beings"
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:34 pm

i have to agree and disagree with kila.... while planeswalkers are living beings, it is like an ally coming in and slinging a few specific spells for you. Now, guys like garruk are a little different... he is a body that brings bodies with him.... so, i would be conflicted on it...
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:26 pm

But tokens are ok. Still they are friends and other living beings. So i would suggest this is about a wizards pride. being able to do it themselfs with out friends. to rely only on ones spells.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for clan events   Ideas for clan events I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for clan events
Page 1 of 1