Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Minori

Minori

Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! Empty
PostSubject: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 6:46 pm

http://www.wizards.com/magic/mirrodin/?ref=nf#world

Minori still thinks Mirrodin is one of the best blocks to exist (minus affinity for artifacts).
Back to top Go down
mdodge555

mdodge555

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 6:55 pm

minori is crazy mirridion is one of the most over powered sets out there and once again this new set is going to be wayyy over powered
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:20 am

I dont think that it will be overpowered this time. Yes putting a 4/4 dragon with basically wither and poisonous 4 is a little crazy, but i think that this set will make amends for being rediculously overpowered before.
Back to top Go down
mdodge555

mdodge555

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:01 pm

that 4/4 dragon also has regeneate that new plainswalker is just ridculous where all creatures are now unblockable that potention turn 3 8/8 trampling elf the profactilate ability is just ridicules the set it way overpowered once again and there going to lose many players once again in my opinion they should just stop what there doing burn all the cards they made and just start on the next set and forget about mirrodin before they hurt themselves worse
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Then you can just stop playing now dodge... get over your hang ups and just take the set in as a sequel to an op'd block.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Okay, Venser is going to be a bad-ass.... expect me to find that bastard.... The new elspeth looks op'd, but she will not see as much use as you would think. She is a token loving planar cleansing... besides, her abilities are more fairly balanced. Ichor rats are going to be insane... proliferate will become an insane ability with walkers... Platinum Emperion may have to be banned..... like right now.... but to be honest, other than the walkers (I am betting venser and the new elspeth will start at around $30), there arent very many cards to base your "it is overpowered" claim on.
Back to top Go down
mdodge555

mdodge555

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:17 am

theres not? ok i will name jsut a few liege of the tangel, contagin engine, geth lord of the vault, kuldotha forgemaster, platinum empreion, blight dragon, ezuris brigade, venser, any of the cards with profactitalate basicly and the set still has 140 more cards to go
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:11 am

Minori finds it weird that dodge hates mirrodin so much, considering how Johnny-tastic the entire block was (minus affinity for artifacts). What spoiled the whole block was basically affinity for artifacts. Everything else was basically fair game.

mdodge555 wrote:
theres not? ok i will name jsut a few liege of the tangel, contagin engine, geth lord of the vault, kuldotha forgemaster, platinum empreion, blight dragon, ezuris brigade, venser, any of the cards with profactitalate basicly and the set still has 140 more cards to go

Liege of the Tangle: For the purposes of OUR games, this card is already banned, much like our good friends the Eldrazis. For the purposes of the game itself, it feels mythic and totally can pwn until a wrath shows up (like say...after 1 hit?). In 1v1, the cost is what limits the card. In multiplayer, it's the existence of wrath.

Contagion engine: It's 6 mana. And then 4 mana afterwards for each activation. It's a huge investment to do something like this. For 1v1, taking an opponent's turn for 10 mana is more attractive. For multiplayer, this only lets you pwn 1 person for 10 mana, meaning everyone else can gang up on you.

Geth: Geth's ability is cute. ^^ Seriously, Minori has no idea how this is any more broken than Chainer, beacon of unrest, etc. In fact, they are farily similar in style. The ability is REALLY mana intensive, like more so than contagion engine.

Forgemaster: 6 mana 3/5 that tutors for stuff only if you sac 3 things the turn after it comes into play. If you manage to pull it off, you deserve to get what you're tutoring for.

Platinum: How is this any different from Platinum angel? In fact, the angel has a more powerful ability, costs less, and has evasion.

Blight Dragon: 4/4 haste infect for 6 is the best you can get it. Minori can't say about how strong this is yet, though. It does ooze with magnificent infectious flavour.

Brigade: 4/4 for 4 is pretty standard. 3 artifacts on the field to get +4/+4 is great, but it's quite a balance to get to as the card itself is quite aggressive and you need artifacts that are equally aggressive for this to work out.

Venser: The absolute worse topdeck to have. Unblockable is nice, but that's more a finisher to a stalemate than anything. Minori thinks that a 5 mana pseudosleep isn't that incredible. The first ability is entirely a combo ability. Sure you can blink a mountain to do 3 more damage with valakut, or blink a walker to reset counters, or blink a creature to get more effects, but none of these help him survive very well. The ultimate will rarely get there, but is in line with the power level of something like Elspeth's ultimate.

Proliferate (the mechanic): Minori thinks you're overrreacting on proliferate. The ability, no doubt, is very powerful especially with planeswalkers, but the activation costs for proliferate are either really mana intensive or require something crazy to happen (like hitting with a 1/1). As long as Wizards doesn't do something like proliferate for 1 mana, it should be fine.

Also....

Champs de dissipation: A weaker No Mercy.

Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:27 am

prolificate only adds a counter, it doesnt double them (unless you only have one) and in the case of most cards, can only be used once a turn.

Geth is going to be a big contender for being one of the better mill cards to come out in the last year (hedron crab is still my top choice).

I already said the emperion should be banned from clan play... he is just too much.

the dragon is going to be op'd, but he is a legend.... legends can be op'd.... look at Iona.

The forgemaster is just a better version of master transmuter. the fact that he makes you sack 3 artifacts to find one makes him waaaaaaaay more balanced than tinker.

the new red walker Koth is going to be a handfull of pain, he looks like he will be in every red deck someone plays from now on.

the contagion engine is going to be op'd, but you have to pay 6, then pay 4 and tap it, so, in my opinion, paying 10 to give all creatures someone controls -3/-3 is a lot harder to do than pay 6 to make them all 0/2 and cast infest....

the creatures with metalcraft rely on having artifacts, just bring a shit ton of artifact hate... i guarantee you that everyone will be playing red in this next set and splashing in white and green just to deal with all the damned artifacts.

As for the liege, i havent seen him yet, but let me guess, he turns lands into creatures..... more than likely he will start around 6/6 and probably have trample.

Honestly dodge, you can bitch and complain all day long that scars is going to be overpowered, but you know as well as i do that mirrodin may have lost them a huge majority of the players that it gained from its early days, but mirrodin is still the best selling block they have ever made.... I doubt that a return to the plane will change much. besides, i hear shatter storm is making a comeback... so, if you dont have one, better get them now before they go up in price.
Back to top Go down
mdodge555

mdodge555

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:07 pm

no minori the liege is playable in our events because his ability only targets the lands that you control and as long as your the one whose making your own lands creatures then its ffa on them no holds back and kao its an 8/8 that makes an army of 8/8's
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:12 pm

okay, so he sounds bad ass... but as minori stated, in 1v1, he will be a difficult threat... in multi, he makes you a target and 5 on 1 is stronger than an army of 8/8s that cant fly
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:46 pm

mdodge555 wrote:
no minori the liege is playable in our events because his ability only targets the lands that you control and as long as your the one whose making your own lands creatures then its ffa on them no holds back and kao its an 8/8 that makes an army of 8/8's

Army of nonbasic lands? Minori knows that you can't animate basic lands due to the DQ rule. Not many people play with a ton of nonbasic lands anyway, so Minori thinks it should be fine.

Also, don't worry about shatterstorm, since it's an uncommon from 10th edition. It's not going to jump high in price. Wink

Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:00 am

Minori,why dont you play clan games anymore?
Back to top Go down
mdodge555

mdodge555

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:07 am

no minori the rule of the cnal is say me and you were in a game and i had only basic lands out you cant cast something like demolish to kill one of my basic lands but if i was to hit you with a liege or if "I" myself made my lands into creatures than you can kill the basic lands because I made them into creatures so as long as your not the one animating my lands then you can kill my lands as long as there creatures
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:13 pm

Koth of the Hammer...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLLYYYYYYY
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:10 pm

The new elspeth just looks like she will be weak as all hell....
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Minori would like to note how flipping Johnny-tastic this set looks from the previews. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 5:12 pm

But the question is: will minori play in clan events again or just look from the sidelines?
Back to top Go down
Kilamod

Kilamod

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Kaotics wrote:
But the question is: will minori play in clan events again or just look from the sidelines?

I sure hope to see Minori join in. Very Happy Soooooo ya gonna let the scars bring ya in Miminonoriri?
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 6:31 pm

lol, minori is afraid of me, she knows i can destroy a chatbot with a simple mouse click....j/k
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:05 am

Not anytime soon. Minori too much studying to do.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 8:56 pm

dont study so hard that you end up like krossus
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:42 pm

This set is one of the most awesome sets for Minori so far.

1. Very little highly desirable mythics that's "Johnniesque" means less expenses for Minori.

2. High concentration of combo-oriented cards in rare, some even in uncommon and common, which is Minori's best awesome.

3. Cards are decently costed for their narrow effects: no more are there really annoying cards that cost like 7 mana with a narrow effect and totally unplayable anywhere, or stupid quest counters (note: minori still never activated an archmage ascension yet, even in a dedicated card-draw deck...).

Reminiscent of Mirrodin, Time Spiral, and Shadowmoor! :3
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:28 am

I can help with that archmage combo... splice in red and add Mindmoil to the mix, you draw a new hand every time you play a spell.... very helpful
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Mindmoil costs a LOT of mana for very little effect though. Minori is trying the hardest to get it active in like 4 turns, but it never seems to come together in time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!   Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirrodin homepage...looks awesome!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ebon Dawn :: Ebon Bazaar :: Magic Talk-
Jump to: