Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Block events in the upcoming rotation?

Go down 
+4
Jetdoc
Kaotics
awe84
Admin
8 posters

Block events in the future rotation?
Yes
Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_vote_lcap83%Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
No
Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_vote_lcap17%Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

Block events in the upcoming rotation? Empty
PostSubject: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:30 am

What do you guys think about having "Set" specific events? This basically means cards from one specific "Block" designated instead of being able to pull cards from several different sets.
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
awe84

awe84

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:00 pm

I like it. Anything recent I could put some decks together for, Alara, Zendikar, or even core set constructed would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Voting ends in 7 days btw. Vote and be heard!!
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:16 am

It is a good way for players to become more familiar with new cards and even some old cards (I wouldn't mind revisiting Ravnica). It may help everyone improve their deckbuilding skills as well.
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:39 pm

I agree. Very cool suggestion.
Back to top Go down
SensesTaker

SensesTaker

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:20 pm

It will be cool if you are talking about sets that are not too too recent like Zen & Wake because I havent bought very many of those cards yet. definitely dont have 60 of them, and of the ones i do have they are not part of a cohesive dek. but the alara set is definitely something i could do Smile
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Senses - take a look at your collection... I got you a ton of the new cards.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:41 am

I even mention at the kaleidoscope event last night that it would be a way to also "ignore" clan rules. I really would like to see what people could come up with when we finally get to play with the new annihalator mechanic. I do however have to point out one simple thing, almost all the eldrazi creatures will have to be banned due to the fact that they make the defending player sacrifice permanents rather than just creatures. Due to our land clause, this is the kill switch on them. This is why a block rotation would be fun, we would have to make seperate rules for it but it would give us all a chance to try to use the cards that are otherwise not allowed for clan play. Besides, we should stay away from the older blocks like onslaught due to the fact not everyone has a lot of the older cards. I would think that starting around the mirrodin or ravnica sets would be a good place.
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:02 pm

Minori would rather just look at a revision of the land clause probably. Minori's card pool is so small that certain cards like lavaball trap just isn't a feasible card to play even though it costed like 8 mana to do it. >.>
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:59 am

Kaotics wrote:
Besides, we should stay away from the older blocks like onslaught due to the fact not everyone has a lot of the older cards. I would think that starting around the mirrodin or ravnica sets would be a good place.

I would also propose that if a card was included in one of the blocks we are interested in but reprinted in another set (e.g. Oblivion Ring, which is in Alara AND Lorwyn) that those cards would be legal as well. I'd hate to go get 16 copies of the same card just to compete in the block formats.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm

also cards like spirit link and lifelink which are the same card, just one is with updated text
Back to top Go down
awe84

awe84

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:51 pm

Spirit link and lifelink are not the same thing. Spirit link goes on the stack and can be applied multiple times. Lifelink is a state effect (happens immediately without using the stack) and cannot be applied multiple times.
Back to top Go down
wing nut

wing nut

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:12 pm

block events sounds cool i'm for an ol' school block that should bring back some good ol memories of back in the day... but any block would be fun like when awe held that pauper zwn block for his planeswalker that was fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:28 am

One last question for a block rotation, should we allow any core set that would have been available when that block was standard legal to help in deck construction?
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:53 am

I don't like the idea of mixing core sets in with block events. That's more of a "create your own standard" idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Block events in the upcoming rotation?   Block events in the upcoming rotation? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Block events in the upcoming rotation?
Page 1 of 1