Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Card of the Week- July 18-24

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkPact

DarkPact

Card of the Week- July 18-24 Empty
PostSubject: Card of the Week- July 18-24   Card of the Week- July 18-24 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:17 am

I am going to start a little column here and talk about 3 cards for 3 different formats each week and give clan members a chance to talk about them. I am hoping this may engender some ideas going forward about what sort of decks people bring ect. I will also try to review cards for upcoming clan events. (please see Calendar of events)

So starting off:

STANDARD:

Card of the Week- July 18-24 Training_Grounds

So in my standard column I will also try and include cards that may be useful in other formats I may feature on a weekly basis. Training Grounds is a great card across the board. I can see this card being used in a whole variety of decks, including Commander and Highlander. Too many good creature abilities to be activated at 2 or 3 mana.

PLANESWALKER:

Card of the Week- July 18-24 All_Is_Dust

All is Dust is a no brainer for this format if you're playing colorless and can afford them! Fantsastic card advantage.

CLASSIC:

Card of the Week- July 18-24 Sneak_Attack

fantastic card combos with a lot of neat creatures for mass damage/effect. Good rinse and repeat card.

RANDOM CARDS OF THE WEEK:

This section will include 3 cards chosen at random from: Rare, Uncommon, Common.

Card of the Week- July 18-24 Image

Card of the Week- July 18-24 Sleight_of_Hand

Card of the Week- July 18-24 Berserk
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week- July 18-24   Card of the Week- July 18-24 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:30 am

i have to say that your first "article" is a little boring, maybe just do 3 format cards per article... give people ideas as to cards that could be really powerful for clan play. I actually plan on using all is dust here soon.... i just need 4 more cards...
Back to top Go down
DarkPact

DarkPact

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week- July 18-24   Card of the Week- July 18-24 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:35 am

Mostly just trying to feature cards people may not think about regularly. I wont be featuring things like wrath of god or something because everyone knows stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week- July 18-24   Card of the Week- July 18-24 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:37 am

use more obscure cards like counterbore and scour
Back to top Go down
DarkPact

DarkPact

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week- July 18-24   Card of the Week- July 18-24 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:48 am

patience, young grasshopper! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week- July 18-24   Card of the Week- July 18-24 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Training grounds: Insane creature.dec would usually run training grounds. For multiplayer, TG seems to run pretty much under the radar until it's too late (when the insane creature hits the board), which means that TG is actually just the premonition. Ironically this is fairly fragile as it only improves efficiency of a repeatable effect (i.e. ones that don't require tapping) but not so much on ones that require tapping and the like. TG combos well with levelers of the same set and also cards like Sliver Queen from older sets.

All is Dust: Minori ranted that AiDs was going to be expensive (and a rare effect in mythic), and lo and behold it is! Very Happy Powerful board sweeper and saw constructed play. In multiplayer, this card is EVEN STRONGER due to the fact that it hits nearly everything in plain sight and can be run in any colour to cover up any weakness that colour has (green vs creatures and planeswalkers, black and red vs enchantments, blue vs permanents, white vs planeswalker). Like all board resetters, it is awesome (except this is the most awesome one in multiplayer...). Minori looks forward to hate on this card in the near future (curse those money cards!).

Sneak Attack: 4 mana is usually the major issue with the card. Sneak attack + oversold cemetery + doomed necromancer. You're welcome. Smile

Pestilence: Board sweeper. Pop a pro-black creature to keep this puppy alive forever (until a disenchant shows up). Massive damage to each player also helps too. Minori recommends combo with stuff like sphere of grace (prevents all pestilence damage to you!) as well, because it's that boss. Too bad you can't be in monoblack (which is something easily fixed with urborg).

Slieght of hand: combo looker. Not as good as brainstorm, ponder, etc.

Berserk: Key card in turn 2 wins in 20 life/7 card aggro decks in classic. The ability to double any damage helps a lot and helps power out some insane damage. Terribad in multiplayer though. Oh also affinity wants in.
Back to top Go down
DarkPact

DarkPact

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week- July 18-24   Card of the Week- July 18-24 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:58 am

Im not allergic to thread-jacking......Kao if you want to talk about Counterbore and Scour go ahead. Im hoping these weekly threads can endgender some better understanding of cards in general. If anyone cares to talk about the cards I've posted or would like to post their own weekly favorites: Keep it to two cards..... That would be awesome. Pls if you ARE going to talk about a card, link it here with img tool for us.

THX!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week- July 18-24   Card of the Week- July 18-24 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:54 am

DarkPact wrote:
Im not allergic to thread-jacking......Kao if you want to talk about Counterbore and Scour go ahead. Im hoping these weekly threads can endgender some better understanding of cards in general. If anyone cares to talk about the cards I've posted or would like to post their own weekly favorites: Keep it to two cards..... That would be awesome. Pls if you ARE going to talk about a card, link it here with img tool for us.

THX!

Very Happy

I dont want to steal your thread, I just thought that the two cards i mentioned would be more relavant to clan play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week- July 18-24   Card of the Week- July 18-24 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Card of the Week- July 18-24
Page 1 of 1