Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minori slowly looks at Scars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Minori

Minori

Minori slowly looks at Scars Empty
PostSubject: Minori slowly looks at Scars   Minori slowly looks at Scars I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Because minori is unfortunately not interested in mythics for the most part, minori looks at the rest of the set, which is basically what people seem to not be looking at.

Minori slowly looks at Scars 034daf5992c014ee23e417f
Minori nurses up Mirrodin? o_O

Abuna Acolyte
Hey, a nurse! So awesome at 2 mana that minori would touch it with...wait no. Samite healer is NOT the answer for anything outside of limited. Even limited this is marginally playable.

Arrest
Minori would be arrested too. The addition of not being able to do anything on the creature for an extra mana seems like a decent deal when it comes to messing around with higher-costing creatures with good activated abilities. Minori expects to see this almost never in constructed, but it's a certainly good tool for getting rid of pesky pingers in white (and for some reason don't have PtE, StP, etc.).

Auriok Edgewright
2/2 for 2 is solid but below the curve, 2/2 DS for 2 is well above the curve. Sounds like a good deal. Metalcraft is kinda weird for this guy, but minori expects to see this being played, especially if the white weenie player is also going quest for the holy relic and a bunch of memnites. Otherwise, this can still stand to be decent as a 2-drop defense for slower artifact decks (as DS 2/2 can basically stop anything from turn 1-3 or so). Minori expects to see this being played at least mildly.

Auriok Sunchaser
Overshadowed by friend above, but the easier mana cost could be attractive for decks that run cloudpost instead of plains.

Dispense Justice
Minori notices that this is the case with metalcraft most of the time: below the curve without metalcraft, above the curve with. Minori sees this being heavily played if people can reliably get to 3 artifacts. If not, this won't be played. It basically has to 2-for-1 to be efficient, but don't discredit the 1-for-1, since it can still save your butt. Limited first pickable.

Elspeth Tirel
Hihi Elspeth <3

Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Minori slowly looks at Scars   Minori slowly looks at Scars I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:09 am

got a few thoughts. First, weenie metalcraft decks will always run 4 ornithopters, 4 spellbooks and 4 memnites... If they are not, they will never get the weenie factor to really push itself into an aggressive deck. second.... infect decks (GB) will almost always splash blue to really abuse proliferate which is also something they will rely on... prepare to bring hate for engines and clasps. and lastly... When this set goes online, prepare to face my infect creatures (assuming i get some)... BELIEVE IT!!!
Back to top Go down
mdodge555

mdodge555

PostSubject: Re: Minori slowly looks at Scars   Minori slowly looks at Scars I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:38 pm

haha i think she was talking about standard decks there kao and last time i checked spellbook was no longer standard for awhile and go ahead infect is such a booring thing to use its gonna be like trying to run storm it amy win but your jsut gonna bring hate onto you
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Minori slowly looks at Scars   Minori slowly looks at Scars I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:09 pm

I dislike your comment dodge and instead would like to see you acting more positive. You are a sour apple and that sir, is not supposed to exist in nature. Lemons and limes are supposed to be sour, not your rotten appleness... Also, BELIEVE IT!!!
Back to top Go down
Minori

Minori

PostSubject: Re: Minori slowly looks at Scars   Minori slowly looks at Scars I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:57 am

Fulgent Distraction
It's like you tap something down and then nothing else happens. Minori would like to point out that due to a lack of "untap" clause, this really doesn't let you do a whole lot other than holy day something for a while, or drop a game-winning attack. Seems too narrow for limited. Minori sees that there is nothing to do here with not-limited.

Ghalma's Warden
4/6 for 4 after metalcraft is nice in limited. Minori has nothing on the constructed again. Vanilla cards tend to do that.

Glimmerpoint Stag
Interesting and awesome. 4 mana 3/3 vigilance is nice, and the slide ability lets you abuse EtB triggers, reset planeswalkers, etc. Minori would consider this in slide for the shinanigans. However, this card definitely has a lot of potential. :3

Glint Hawk
Memnite, Hawk, Memnite.

Indomitable Archangel
Angels with an expensive smack.

Kemba, Kha Regent
Efficient with just 1 equip. Get greedy and 2 equips push her over the top. She looks like a great build-around card, but the lack of protective equipment in standard can hurt (as you sink a lot of mana into equipment). Then again, something as simple as basilisk collar would get the job done. Also, a cleric. :O

Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Minori slowly looks at Scars   Minori slowly looks at Scars I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:37 am

If you are gonna play with Kemba, look back at Raksha. He goes great with her. Put an equip on him and as many as you can on her, she starts pumping out 4/4 double strikers. Add true conviction for some life gain fun.

Glint hawk is dead on, except the idols are slightly better in my opinion, yes the idol costs 1 more to cast but then when you use the memnite/glint hawk combo, you have a 2/2 flyer plus, at any time you can pay for the cost of a hawk and get one.

I like the angel giving shroud and all but too expensive, besides leonin abunas is better and cheaper.

The stag, just like every other bounce then return card, has a lot of potential, I can see a chain of momentary blinks with the stag and either life gain or even bomb cards like shriekmaw and siege-gang. It is definitely a fun area to explore.

That warden has another fun card it can play with: Sword of Vengeance... it doesn't seem so vanilla when one of the things powering it up is given to it to use... suddenly you have a 6/6 haste, trample, vigilance, first strike. not too shabby in my opinion.

Dear fulgent.... sometimes, when you absolutely have to tap down certain creatures so they can't attack you or whatever, this card can be helpful... it can also force someone to activate something that may be bad for the whole board. ah the fun of do it or never get to do it again....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minori slowly looks at Scars   Minori slowly looks at Scars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minori slowly looks at Scars
Page 1 of 1