Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weekly Clan Lotto?

Go down 
4 posters

Weekly Clan Lotto?
Yes
Weekly Clan Lotto? I_vote_lcap83%Weekly Clan Lotto? I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
No
Weekly Clan Lotto? I_vote_lcap17%Weekly Clan Lotto? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

Weekly Clan Lotto? Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Clan Lotto?   Weekly Clan Lotto? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:51 am

I've been thinking of creative ways to use our vault system to reward our members and this is my latest brain child. What do you guys think of having a weekly drawing for a free rare from the clan's vault? The drawing would be held every Sunday by myself and the winner posted on the main page of the website the following Monday.

To be considered in the "Weekly" drawing you must at least attend one event during the week of the drawing.
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
Kaotics

Kaotics

Weekly Clan Lotto? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly Clan Lotto?   Weekly Clan Lotto? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:15 pm

see, i dnot think we should do that, not everyone can attend on time. and even just to show up and watch would not be grounds for earning a card. granted that those involved that do not win wish they would have won, that just makes us strive to build better decks and find out ways to punish vampires with more mill effects. lol, but seriously, i think it is a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

Weekly Clan Lotto? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly Clan Lotto?   Weekly Clan Lotto? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:12 pm

Kaotics wrote:
see, i dnot think we should do that, not everyone can attend on time. and even just to show up and watch would not be grounds for earning a card. granted that those involved that do not win wish they would have won, that just makes us strive to build better decks and find out ways to punish vampires with more mill effects. lol, but seriously, i think it is a bad idea.

You do not have to attend every event to qualify. If you attend at least one event that week and play, then you are entered into the Lotto regardless if you play again that week. Just showing up and observing an event does not qualify for the Lotto.
Back to top Go down
Huck101

Huck101

Weekly Clan Lotto? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly Clan Lotto?   Weekly Clan Lotto? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:02 pm

I think this is a great idea because for those that can't seem to win at least they get a second chance at winning something. I do believe that the lotto (if this is what you would call it) should only be for the loser bracket since the whole point of the Vault is to help build a collection for our clan and get more involvement going. Kinda like "Hey thanks for showing up and because you did, here is a door prize for you. Hope to see you back next time." You know like customer loyalty or something like it. Just my $.02 but I vote yes either way
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

Weekly Clan Lotto? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly Clan Lotto?   Weekly Clan Lotto? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:24 pm

while i agree with huck that a "door prize" should only be applied to the losing players, I still have to say that i am torn on this issue.

Lets say there are two groups, group a can afford to buy new cards periodically while group b does not have that luxury.

If a person in group B continually wins events, they gain access to the newer cards that way, giving out a door prize to those who did not win from group b also benefit from this.

Here is why I say that it is not a good idea:
If two members from group A continually play with one member from group B (numbers can be modified), Odds would dictate that one of the group A players would win, now we have a player from both groups entered into the door prize pool.

This is now a coin flip, yes there may be cards that neither person has, but the greater benefit would be for the player from group b. I dont want to sound mean or cold but if a person who doesnt win cards either through winning the game or claiming a door prize (I am assuming it would be a random drawing), eventually, that person may give up, but if the only prize is found one way by striving to get either insane luck like i did in my first two clan games or winning by deck strength and strategy alone (like awe seems to do a lot), I think (through personal experiance) that morale leads to push the envelope and build better and better decks.

Yes we are all just on here to have a good time and yes it is fun to win, but I also have to play the devil's advocate here....a weekly drawing sounds good in theory but i still have my doubts.
Back to top Go down
awe84

awe84

Weekly Clan Lotto? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly Clan Lotto?   Weekly Clan Lotto? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:15 pm

I voted yes on this. I agree with what I see as Kro's general intent to make the clan vault benefit everybody. I would prefer the version where only the participants who didn't win in a given week were entered in the drawing. I would even go a step farther and say that only people who haven't already won the lotto in the past month or so should be entered.

Kao has a valid point about how people who aren't able to buy many new cards would benefit more from a free rare. I see a clan lotto, along with getting a free card on your birthday and possibly even more programs in the future as ways to help everybody out. When the lotto picks people who can buy cards and do have big collections already, I think that is fine too, because those people (along with those like me who waste money drafting Rolling Eyes ) are where most of the donations come from.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

Weekly Clan Lotto? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly Clan Lotto?   Weekly Clan Lotto? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Vote passed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weekly Clan Lotto? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly Clan Lotto?   Weekly Clan Lotto? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Clan Lotto?
Page 1 of 1