Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questionable cards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pantherzone2003

Questionable cards  Empty
PostSubject: Questionable cards    Questionable cards  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:08 pm

I have two borderline cards I discovered while I search for a card to build my deck with and came across these two:

Living Plane: All lands are 1/1 creatures that are still lands.

Nature's Revolt: All lands are 2/2 creatures that are still lands.

Are these a violation of the land destruction rules if a player runs a mass removal cards or board wipe card?

I feel it can be a violation to the land destruction, but we can discuss these two borderline cards and go from there. Your input is important in the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Pantherzone2003

PostSubject: Re: Questionable cards    Questionable cards  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Also, forgot to add that it may be unfair to other clan-members enjoying their game when they do a clan-sanctioned event, such as tribal, beastwars, and the like.
Back to top Go down
Kaotics

Kaotics

PostSubject: Re: Questionable cards    Questionable cards  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Also look at ambush commander if you want to look at lands becoming creatures then mass wipe....
Back to top Go down
mdodge555

mdodge555

PostSubject: Re: Questionable cards    Questionable cards  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:34 pm

the way the rule is if you turn other peoples lands into creatures then attempt to do a board wipe then you will be DQ if someone else casts a mass board wipe while the lands are creatures then theperson who cast the card making the lands creatures is DQ and if any of the basic lands go to the grave as creatures that would be a DQ to the person making the lands creatures..... unless you play the spell in yourself you can attack with your own lands but if they go to the graveyard then it's your mistake for making them creatures
Back to top Go down
DarkPact

DarkPact

PostSubject: Re: Questionable cards    Questionable cards  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:45 am

Im satisfied with dodge's explanation of this topic.
Back to top Go down
Pantherzone2003

PostSubject: Re: Questionable cards    Questionable cards  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:07 pm

So, it would be a both player DQ since the mass wipe can be issued by the opponent as well. It sounds like it is still a land destruction rule banning the destruction of a basic land, even if it becomes a creature by player A. Dodge have a clear explaination to this rules, which is pretty much a illegal combo if it involves a mass wipe.
Back to top Go down
Jetdoc

Jetdoc

PostSubject: Re: Questionable cards    Questionable cards  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:51 am

I think making other players' lands into creatures automatically would call for a DQ of the player doing so, before any board wipe. That way you could prevent that from occurring.

Otherwise, someone could do so and make everyone live in the fear of getting a DQ because they honestly wanted to wipe the board, absent the basic lands.
Back to top Go down
mdodge555

mdodge555

PostSubject: Re: Questionable cards    Questionable cards  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:28 am

When the card is played there doesn't need to be a DQ because nothing happns but when the board wipe is played before it's effect takes place the person who made the lands creatures will concede which will turn the lands back into ordinary lands so the board wipe wouldonly kill the creatures ......... and panther the reason its not the other person who gets a DQ for playing mass kill after someone else makes the creatures lands is its not his fault that the lands were made creatures now if it was a team game and was played like that then there would be a DQ because you can see your partners hand in a team game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questionable cards    Questionable cards  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questionable cards
Page 1 of 1