Ebon Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebon Dawn

Magic the Gathering clan, Ebon Dawn.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Banned combos and cards

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaotics

Kaotics

Banned combos and cards Empty
PostSubject: Banned combos and cards   Banned combos and cards I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 9:48 am

I have a couple of ideas for banned cards and combos and want to know the ruling on a certain combo i like to use.....

MY COMBO:

Wirewood Channeler (tap to add mana of one color equal to number of elves in play)
At least 4 or more elves other than the channeler ( I like timberwatch elf, defiant elf, seeker of skybreak and wellwisher)
Aggravated Assault (3RR to untap my creatures and gain an extra main phase and combat step)

Combo goes as such- I tap the timberwatch to give the defiant +X/+X and untap it with the seeker and do it again. Then i tap the wisher for LG, then i attack with the defiant. Post-combat main phase: I tap the channeler for the cost of aggravated assault. lather, rinse, repeat until all opponents are defeated.

As for individual cards/combos, i have a couple of suggestions:

Din of the Fireherd
Helldozer
Tainted Aether
Tidespout Tyrant (ability can be used to bounce multiple lands, maybe restrict it to non-land permanents?)
Roil Elemental + turn lands into creatures abilities (this is very funny to use against an ambush commander) (BTW, my combo with the roil elemental is to have the rimefeather owl and balduvian frostwalker, use the owl to put an ice counter on a land, turning it snow, use the frostwalker to turn it into a 2/2 flyer and play a land. Voila! Land theft for 3 mana. Also, if anyone thinks that i cant play a land every turn, that is what Living Tsunami is for Very Happy )

I would like to hear anyone's opinions on the above mentioned cards and combos
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

PostSubject: Re: Banned combos and cards   Banned combos and cards I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 5:34 pm

this is infinite - a nice combo, but not legal for clan play.
Back to top Go down
thelaughingtree
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
thelaughingtree

PostSubject: Re: Banned combos and cards   Banned combos and cards I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Just my opinion -

Din of the firehand is ok so long as you target a player who has nonbasic lands equal or greater than the # of red crits u control (they would probably sac their basic lands tho in order to keep their basic lands, but thats their choice). This one is iffy tho if you cast another din & target the same player.

Helldozer is ok - you can only target nonbasic lands

Tainted Aether should not be used - certain players may need to sac basic lands in order to get crits out

Tidespout is ok - you just cannot target opponents basic lands (remember non basic lands are free game to target for whatever).

As far as the Roil combo - first - very nice combo. But again, you would not be able to target basic lands. other than that, if you want to turn a target opponents nonbasic land into a nonbasic snow land, then turn it into a 2/2 crit, then take it with the roil, then I think thats pretty cool for 3 mana cost & legal for clan play

All just my opinion & not an official ruling.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Veteran Champion
Veteran Champion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Banned combos and cards   Banned combos and cards I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 12:26 pm

Laughingtree is correct on all of the above. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
https://ebondawn.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banned combos and cards   Banned combos and cards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banned combos and cards
Page 1 of 1